Sunday, July 28, 2013

Indiana

Winona Lake, Indiana
July 28, 2013 

Maryland is in the books and we arrived in Indiana on Friday for our next event at Stonehenge Golf Club. This summer is flying by, it's crazy to think that by the end of this tournament it will be August.

The drive was our longest to date. In total it took us about 12 hours. In between the Maryland Eastern Shore and Indiana are a lot of farms and wind turbines. We got a good look at Ohio and Indiana, and I think both states are doing fine filling their farm quota. We also drove through Pennsylvania for a good portion of the trip. This was our second time in Pennsylvania and Ohio, but the first time we crossed in to Indiana.

After a few weeks in the Northeast we are back in the Midwest for the first time since our week three trip to Cleveland.   It's nice to be in a new state this week. This is my first adventure in the Hoosier state and its off to a good start. First off when I got to my host families house they gave me their basement to myself. They also had the movie poster of Hoosiers framed in the basement. I would expect nothing less from an Indiana home to frame the poster of one of my favorite movies ever.

The tournament field this week is 144 comprised of mostly payers from the Midwest. The tournament starts Tuesday. It was a long commute to get here, but now that we're here it should be a good week in Indiana.






No comments:

Post a Comment