Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Back Up North


June 18, 2013
Avon, Ohio

After three consecutive weeks in the south, I was reminded of my hometown today with the brisk Ohio winds. We were not in Georgia anymore. I was taking pictures today in full-out rain gear. It was definitely chilly, team five got their money's worth out of the rain gear today. Two months ago I was waking to class in 12 degree weather, but today I felt very cold in the Ohio wind. When you step foot in eight different states in a two month stretch a lot can change.

The tournament started today and the scores were better than I expected with all this wind. The Girls Division leader shot 69, and the Boys shot 70. Given the conditions, and the tough course I was impressed. If the winds calm down I think we could see some lower scores tomorrow.  I have been really  impressed with Red Tail Golf Club, it is new and really nice. I would like to come back some day and play it.

Today my responsibilities were taking pictures of every player in the field.  Taking pictures is a new thing to me, but I do enjoy it. Finding creative shots and different angles can be fun and challenging. This day seems a little slow compared to others, because I am sitting or standing in the same spot for a good six hours. We always take pictures on a par-3, so I've gotten to see a lot of interesting things included a hole-in-one at our first tournament in Ringgold.

OB:

One of the coolest parts of this week has been the host family situation. One of the hosts has been particularly great to us. Two doors down from where I am staying is Paul and Zach. Their host is an extremely cool guy named Ben. He and his family couldn't be nicer and there a lot of fun. They have had us over nightly to watch hockey and sit on their patio with a fire going. Ben likes hockey so it was great to find another fan to watch the games with. The course and tournament has been great, but Ben's patio has put this week over the top. Shout out to Ben and his family, and all the host families in Avon for making this week solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment