Sunday, June 16, 2013

En Route To Avon


AVON, OHIO
June 15, 2013

Team five is back on the road once again. Ashland, Ky., is in the rare view mirror and Avon, Ohio is plugged into the GPS. Kentucky was a new and interesting place and I enjoyed my time there. We left for Ohio early in the morning, we crossed the Kentucky, Ohio Stateline right away, but to get to Avon we still had five hours to go. The drive itself had limited theatrics, but we did stop at an Amish Restaurant, Der Dutchman for lunch, which was interesting to say the least. Around 2:00 p.m. we arrived in Avon ready to work the Junior All-Star at Red Tail.

Avon is in an awesome location. The town is located right near Lake Erie, and only 20 miles from Downtown Cleveland. This is my first time in the Buckeye State, but I really like what I’m seeing. We got right to the course, did a little work, and then we had a warm welcome from our host families. All the host families were great; I could tell this was going to be a good tournament. Our host gave Michael and me a tour of the neighborhood surrounding the golf course. Then another host invited us to his home to hang out, and watch the Bruins game. The first night in Avon was a great success, we got to see the course, meet the hosts, and the Bruins won courtesy of a Daniel Paille snipe in the first OT.

One of my favorite parts of this internship so far has been meeting our host’s families, and staying with them. Michael and I are three for three with really nice hosts. Through this internship we get to see all different types of people and homes. I have already stayed in three different states, with three different families. I am well on my way to a great sociology term paper. I like meeting new people with different backgrounds, and this internship has given me a great opportunity to do this.   


OB: 
 Tim Tebow is a Patriot? It is very easy to fall out of the sports loop during this internship. We don't exactly have time to catch a couple loops of sportcenter everyday. However some events are just impossible to miss. About a week ago my favorite professional sports franchise, the New England Patriots signed arguably the most polarizing athlete in America. Even though I didn't get the analysis on 98.5 the Sports Hub or CSNE like I normally would, my texts and tweets still blew up when it happened. 

My gut feeling is that I like the signing. Mostly because why not? (other) Organizations may worry about the media circus and distractions that would come with a signing like this. In Foxboro distractions have never existed under the Kraft/Bellichick rule. He will not become a distraction like he was with the Jets, Bellichick just won't let that happen. So why not sign him? He obviously can play the game of football in some way, anyone who disagrees (and there are plenty) is just ignorant. I know his mechanics make him look like a high school QB at times, but you can't change the results. In his one chance, he lead the Broncos to the playoffs, and beat the Steelers in the playoffs. He has more playoff wins in a bronco uniform than Peyton Manning.  

He obviously won't be starting anytime soon, because last time I checked we have one of the best QBs in the history of the game. Bellichick will figure things out, maybe use him in other capacities for the near future, and who knows if he can stick around for a while maybe one day he will be QB1 in Foxboro. 

No comments:

Post a Comment