Wednesday, June 19, 2013

For Starters


June 19, 2013
Avon, Ohio



Today was the second round in the Junior All-Star at Red Tail. This morning I got to do one of my favorite things. For the first 20 or so tee times I was the starter. I like this job for a couple reasons. Number one I get to meet and talk with all the juniors which is cool and interesting. Number two I like to add a little something extra to the announcements. I like go jazz up the hometowns and names as much as possible on the first tee. Most of the competitors seem to enjoy it, and like the change up. I like to announce them as if their at The Masters, even if their going to shot 88. Some players from Ashland came up to me and said they were glad I was starting again because they like my announcing in Kentucky. The juniors seem to like it, so I'm going to go with it for the summer.

The scores were very impressive today. In the Boys Division we had a 66 and 67. It's crazy how low some 12-15 year olds can go!

Red Tail Golf Club is an impressive place as I have mentioned. One other thing I like about it is the wildlife around the course. During the qualifier I saw a lot of Fish and Birds in all shapes and sizes. Today I saw a few Deer which are incredibly impressive animals in person. I have seen my share of Deer living in New Hampshire, but at home it always seems to be at night. Today was in the middle afternoon, and it was cool to get a good look at the animals.


Deer hanging out in the green side hazard on No. 15 at Red Tail
OB:

Last night was game six of the NBA Finals. This was an epic game that seemed to feature everything. Or at least this is what the highlights tell me. I did not see the entire game. A 9:00 p.m. start with a 4:45 a.m. wake up call was not a good combination. The highlights seemed insane, and by all accounts it was an all-timer. Judging by the highlight, I am pretty surprised the Spurs are not NBA champions right now. One good sign to not being up is that it would have been tough to see Ray Allen hit a huge three in the NBA Finals in the wrong uniform. If the Spurs can gather themselves, game seven should be epic, might have to stay up tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment