Thursday, June 13, 2013

Stormy Thursday

ASHLAND, Ky.
June 13, 2013 

For the second time in as many tournaments we experienced a rain delay. Last week in Ringgold the delay was about four hours. This delay took about half the time, but we saw full effects from the storm. A fairly large tree fell right in front of the pro shop. The winds were furious and the rain seemed endless. Luckily the storm moved fast and we were back playing golf in an hour and 50 minutes. Last week in Ringgold lightning struck the No. 18 fairway. Team 5 is two for two with unique weather happenings.

Tomorrow is the final round. There was so much going on this week sometimes you forgot there is actually a huge tournament going on. Tomorrow will be more about the golf and the juniors. The final 18 holes or possibly more should be exciting, anything can happen in the final round, and it should be fun to see the action unfold. There is a player from Massachusetts right in the mix, which is nice to see. The 144 player field has been cut in half, and by the end of Friday we will have our 2013 NRP Bluegrass Junior champions.

OB:

I am not a fan of fast food at all. I only eat it as a last resort. Never liked McDonald's or Burger King. However until three weeks ago I had never had Chick-Fil-A. Chick-Fil-A doesn't exist in New England. Ever since I had the chicken for the first time at training, I am starting to rethink my stance on fast food. Chick-Fil-A is fantastic. That chicken is really tasty, and the Chick-Fil-A sauce is flames. The jaws of my teammates absolutely dropped when I said this was my first Chick-Fil-A meal. This restaurant almost seems as important down south as SEC football (almost). I don't think I will ever see a Chick-Fil-A in New England, but while I'm down south I will definitely relish the chance to enjoy eating fast food.


No comments:

Post a Comment