Friday, June 14, 2013

Final Round

ASHLAND, Ky.
June 14, 2013 


The NRP Bluegrass Junior is official over. We have a new winner in the Boys Division and a repeat champion in the Girls Division. The Girls Division feautured the winner having an eight stroke lead, then recorded a quad on No. 14, then needed a 50 foot putt on No. 18  to win the tournament. Of course she knocked the putt down, and won her second NRP in the most dramatic fashion possible, other than that the Girls Divison was pretty boring. If this finish happened on the PGA tour it would have lead sportcenter for a month.

The weather greatly cooperated for the final round. Today was perfect weather, and everyone enjoyed after not having to worry about the radar or delays. The juniors started on Nos. 1 and 10 today. The round flew by and golfers were off the course by 1:30, it was definitely nice to finsh up a little early.

This was my first time in Kentucky and it was nice checking things out. Ashland was fun and Bellefonte Country Club treated us well. I would like to come back to Kentucky some day, possibly go to a UK basketball game. Most of this state seems obsessive over that program, the support is unreal. The wildcats are everything to a lot of people in this state.

Off to Avon, Ohio. Leaving in the a.m.


OB:
I am a big fan of television shows; one of the toughest parts of this internship is not having time to watch any programing.  Netflix along with the iPad is probably my favorite invention over the past 22 years. One of my favorite TV shows is Arrested Development. The first two seasons are two of my favorite seasons of television ever. So naturally when Netflix bought the rights to AD I was beyond fired up. The show dropped during the training of this internship. If I was at home I probably would have banged out the season in a couple nights. Since our free time is a limited I have only seen the first 4 episodes.

I know it’s a small sample size, but through the first five I have gone from fired up, to fairly confused. This version seems completely different, and thus far it hasn’t been for the better. First of all, this show ran great in 22 minutes, these episodes seem a little long in 29-31 minute range. The old AD was quick hitting and fast moving, these four have seemed like a really big lineman running the :40.

My biggest pet peeve so far with these episodes has been the format. I don’t understand why each episode needs to revolve around one character, why does Ron Howard start each episode with “This is Lindsey Bluth's Arrested Development?” This makes me upset, the characters of these shows are some of the best ever written, but they’re not solo artists. Why are Lindsey and Tobias going to India, this is 20 minutes of content that is about as relevant as GOB’s magic career. Most importantly why I am watching episodes without seeing Buster, GOB, Tobias, or George Sr. at all? I don’t ever remember the FOX version leaving certain characters out of episodes, and they had seven less minutes. 

In the old seasons we had the office, the model home, the penthouse, and the boardwalk area as the main settings, it was clean, concise, and flowed perfectly for the content and jokes. Now we have a college and India?? The dysfunctional Bluths are funny at their core because of who they are and how their written. We don’t need a song and dance to get some laughs.  With all that being said, I still have a small sample size. Five episodes in I’m worried.  However there is plenty of time for a 
recovery. I’m hopeing it turns around and the show gets back to its old form, but as of now I'm feeling like a packer fan because I wish AD never came out of retirement. 




The view from behind the No. 15 green at Bellefonte Country Club, they treated us well but it's off to Ohio.


No comments:

Post a Comment