Monday, June 17, 2013

Warm Up

Avon, Ohio 
June 17, 2013 

The first round of the Junior All-Star at Red Tail starts tomorrow morning. Today we had a PBE Qualifier, which is essentially a one round tournament for juniors to earn status. The morning was hectic, and unfortunately we couldn't get started on time. Hopefully that will never happens again.

The weather was perfect today. There radar was looking iffy at times, but we had blue skies and sun all day. I think this is the hardest golf course we have been at this summer. Red Tail is long with thick rough. Our first tournaments were won at 3-under-par and 6-under-par. I don't think we will see the champions score that low this week.

One big part of the AJGA is there pace of play initiative. Pace of play is a major issue in Golf, and the AJGA is trying to do something about it. Golfers should not spend more then four hours on an 18-hole round. Red Tail does not set up well for pace of play. There are long gaps from greens to teeing grounds, not to mention the course can play 7000 yards from the tips. I think the designer Robert Von Hagge figured most people would be taking carts on this course. Last week we had plenty of rounds under four hours everyday. I don't see that happening this week. The pace of play is going to be interesting to monitor this week. We averaged right around four hours last week, I think this weeks average will be closer to four and a half hours. The change goes to show you that every golf course is made differently, and they are all unique.

OB:

Five years ago today the Boston Celtics thumped the Los Angeles Lakers to win their NBA record 17th Chamionship. From everything twitter seems to tell me the core of the "08 Celtics team may be gone in the near future. Ray Allen has already taken his talents to South Beach, and Kendrick Perkins has a confusing role on the Thunder.

If the latest rumors are true about Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers heading to the Clippers, I don't see Perice making it through the construction project that will be the 2013-2014 Celtics. There is a chance that by November the only member of the most recent Celtics championship will be Rajon Rondo, and more than likely Rondo won't be ready to go by then. It is definitely not 2008 anymore.

I do think it is time to move on from this crew and hand the team to Rondo. If Rondo is the best player and leader of the Celtics, I have no idea how it will turn out. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the Lotto or if with a couple pieces they were in the 2015 NBA Finals. To me Rondo is the most enigmatic player in the league. At times he looks like he's bound for Springfield, other times he looks checked out and pissed off at the world. I think he's closer to the All-Star than the questionable PG.

As a Celtic's fan if in one week Rondo is the only remaining 08er I wont feel like a Wizards fan just yet. The one thing I have to hang my hat on is the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals. Mostly missed in the media during all the Lebron scrutinizing was how fantastic Rondo was in that series. He was simply ridiculous, I still don't know who was the best player in that series him or Lebron. At 6'1 Rondo put on a great Magic Johnson impression. I know Garnett was great inside against the Heat, but put a middle of the road PG in there instead of Rondo, and the Heat move on in 5.

A lot is changing with my Celtics, but if Rondo is the leader of this team come Fall, I will always remember the 2012 East Finals and feel pretty good about the Cs.





I was at the 2010 NBA Finals. 2013-2014 could be the first year without any member of the Finals years besides #9 Rajon Rondo.



No comments:

Post a Comment